Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions of the rental of Freebikes.
- Freebike is the brand name of Homeport s r.o. of Krizikova 36a, 18600 Prague 8, Czech Republic which has provided the Freebikes.
- It is necessary to own a mobile smartphone with ios or android operating system in order access the service.
- The service is the provision of electric assisted bicycles for rental.
- In order to access the service it is necessary to register on the Freebike app or website. You will then receive by email your User Number and PIN. Type in these numbers into the app, rent a bike and start riding. After you have ended the rental, you will be charged according to the prices in the terms and conditions above.
- You are able to use the following payment methods credit cards, debit cards:
- This agreement is for an indefinite period of time but can be terminated by the user at any time by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and confirming this. The agreement will be terminated within 1 week of the receipt by Homeport of such an email.
Tariffs costs and free rental periods
All rentals are free on working days (Mon-Fri excluding Bank holidays):
- between 8:30 to 16:50 or other times that may be notified in writing.
- between 16:50 and midnight if the rental ends at the office
- between midnight and 8:30 if the rental starts at the office
- Otherwise rentals cost 10p per minute with a maximum cost per rental of £2. The rental time is measured from the moment when the front light switches on until the time that it switches off.
- Users are expected to return the bike to the IHS Markit office. If a bike is not returned within 24 hours the system operator will pick up the bike and bring it to the office and IHS Markit will be charged a £10 fee.
General Tariffs conditions
- Material changes in the tariff will be published by IHS Markit with not less than 14 days notice, other changes on reasonable notice.
- If we believe that any change in a price plan will not disadvantage any customer, it may be included automatically.
- We may change or withdraw the Services (or part thereof) at any time, with or without notice. Where possible we will give reasonable notice of these changes.
- We may make changes to the terms from time to time and/or introduce new terms from time to time if there are changes to the law. By continuing to use the Services you agree to these modifications.
The User agrees to return the bike to Freebike in the same condition received, ordinary wear and tear excepted. The User agrees not to use a bike for onward hire or reward, nor use it in violation of any law, ordinance or regulation, nor take it (without prior written consent of Freebike) out of Greater London.
Terms of rental
- Throughout the entire period of hire, the USER is fully liable for damages caused to the bicycle, as well as for damages caused to the health and property of third parties in connection with use of the bicycle, without regard to whether the bicycle was being used by the USER himself/herself or by another person.
- The User hereby warrants and undertakes to Freebike that he will further protect the interests of the bike by ensuring the bike is always locked when unattended.
- The User expressly agrees to pay Freebike on demand all fines and court costs including administrative fees for parking, bus lane, traffic or other legal violations assessed against the bike, the User or Freebike during the hire.
- The User agrees to defend, indemnify and hold Freebike harmless from all losses, liabilities, damages, injuries, claims, demands, costs and expenses (except where caused by Freebike's negligence or default) incurred by Freebike in any manner from this rental transaction.
- Use of the Freebike system is open to all persons over the age of 12. Persons over the age of 12 but under the age of 18 must have the written permission of a parent or guardian to register to use the system
- Persons over the age of 12 but under the age of 18 must also provide evidence of proficiency to ride on the road.
- When you accept the application form you are declaring that you are physically fit enough to ride a bicycle and also that you are reasonably competent to ride on the road. It is the User's responsibility to ensure that the bicycle is in proper working order BEFORE the hire takes place; this includes brakes, lights, steering, tyres, chain and pedals.
- If there are any problems with the bicycle then this must be reported immediately to Freebike including information about where the bike is located.
- The Freebike cycles are for the exclusive use of the User only. All other situations will invalidate the hire conditions and any insurance cover .
- The basket is intended to carry light goods only. DO NOT fill with heavy items as this may affect your balance, steering control as well as safety and comfort. Fill evenly with no long or sharp edges sticking out of or through the basket as these may become dangerous to other pedestrians and to the rider.
- If an accident should occur due to the carriage of an over-weight or awkward load then the User is liable for all costs and the insurance becomes void.
- If any of the working parts should become defective whilst riding an Freebike, the rider must STOP and call Freebike customer services. They may issue another bike to you at the nearest Freebike rental station or arrange to pick up the faulty cycle.
- DO NOT pull or push anything with the bicycle as this may lead to steering defects, mal-align the frame or cause undue 'wear and tear' to the tyres.
- DO NOT use the Freebike for racing, mountain bike riding, stunt or trick riding or for any other purpose other than riding to and from a destination.
- DO NOT ride down steps and never ride with a passenger.
- In the event of a puncture or burst tyre, the User should STOP riding and call Freebike customer services.
- The cover becomes void with immediate affect if the Member is riding under the influence of alcohol, drugs, medication or any other medium that affects judgment or perception in any way
- Once the hire has commenced, the User has full responsibility over the bicycle. Should the User not have taken out appropriate insurance they will be liable for all costs in the event of damage to the bike, themselves or third parties or theft whilst the bike is in their care.
- NOTHING IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS EXCLUDES OR LIMITS THE LIABILTY OF FREEBIKE FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY FREEBIKE'S NEGLIGENCE. OTHERWISE FREEBIKE'S TOTAL LIABILTIY IN CONTRACT, TORT, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND BREACH OF STATUTORY DUTY, MISREPRESENTATION, RESTITUTION OR OTHERWISE , ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE HIRE SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT IT RECEIVES HEREUNDER. FREEBIKE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO THE USER FOR ANY PURE ECONOMIC LOSS, LOSS OF PROFIT OR LOSSES OF BUSINESS IN EACH CASE WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL OR ANY CLAIMS FOR CONSEQUENTIAL COMPENSTION WHATSOEVER AND HOWSOEVER CAUSED WHICH ARISES UNDER THE HIRE.
Payments and payment cards
- We do not hold your credit card details. They are held by the company Paylane which is located in Gdańsk at ul. Arkońska 6/A3, zip code: 80-387, KRS: 0000227278 which is Level 1 PCL DSS compliant and offers 3-D secure.
- If you believe that you have been incorrectly billed for any service, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com. Please include your company name and your User Number in the email. We will provide a resolution of the matter within 72 hours.
- We can suspend (i.e. bar) or terminate the provision of the Services (in whole or in part) without telling you (although we will, where possible, inform you that action may be taken) in the following cases:
- if we are aware or have reason to believe that your card and / or PIN number has been lost or is being used by yourself or another person in an unauthorised, unlawful, improper or fraudulent way or for criminal activities (or has been previously, regardless of whether this is with your consent or not);
- if we are aware or have reason to believe that your card and/or PIN number has been obtained in an unauthorised, unlawful, improper or fraudulent way or for criminal activities (regardless of whether this is with your consent or not);
- if you do not comply with any of the rules relating to the Services;
- if we are aware or have reason to believe that you have paid or are purporting to pay, using a stolen or otherwise barred or false debit or credit card or if the debit or credit card transaction is at some time charged back to us. We may reinstate provision of the service when we have been paid the amount owing to us;
- if you notify us that your card has been lost or stolen;
- if you do anything (or allow anything to be done) which we think may damage or affect the operation or security of the bikes or equipment or you become bankrupt or make any arrangement with creditors.
- Personal data includes:
- Information provided by you should you choose to register your use of the service with us.
- Rental information generated by your use of the service covered by this Agreement or your use of products, services and content accessed via or facilitated by your use of the Services covered by this Agreement, including but not limited to the numbers you call, the type, date, time, location, duration and cost of calls, messages or other communications.
- Information obtained from third party sources such as our suppliers, marketing organisations or credit reference agencies.
- If you have special needs we may process sensitive personal data about your health, where you have advised us of those special needs.
- Information provided by you about another person. It is your responsibility to ensure that that other individual is aware and has agreed to you passing on such information to Freebike.
- Your personal data may be used for the following general business-related purposes:
- Account management such as charging enquiries, and to provide customer care activities (including answering your queries),
- Processing your applications and orders, and to supply and manage any services or products which we provide,
- To monitor and maintain the quality and security of the Freebike network and the Services,
- To protect us, our assets, including any intellectual property rights and our brand, our employees and customers from activities that might cause loss or damage,
- To comply with any legal, governmental or regulatory requirement imposed on us or in connection with legal proceedings, including in connection with the transfer of any part of our business in respect of which you are a customer or a potential customer.
- Analyse for the purposes of understanding our customers' use of our products and Services, individual needs and business trends in order to develop and improve our and our group companies' products and services, new developments, tariffs, special offers, discounts and awards
- Activities connected with the running of our business such as personnel training, testing and maintenance of our IT systems.
Use of Personal Data for Marketing Purposes:
- We may use your information to send you marketing messages about Freebike, offers and future developments.
- We may also contact you about the products and services of carefully selected third parties, which we believe may also be of interest to you - without passing control of your personal data to the third party concerned. If you do not wish to receive these marketing messages or wish to change any previously stated preferences, you can notify us by emailing your preferences to hello@Freebike.com or calling the support helpdesk.
Disclosure of your Personal Data
We may pass your personal data to certain third parties (some of which may be based outside of the European Union) where this is either required by law or necessary in order to carry out the services that we provide to you or that you have chosen to use.
We will take all necessary steps to ensure that those third parties treat your personal data in accordance with Freebike policies on data protection and security.
If you want to contact us about your data protection rights please email hello@Freebike.com.
Use of this site requires processing of the following personal data of the client first name and last name, phone number, e-mail and billing address. Data will be processed by Homeport s r.o. in as far as it necessary for the provision of the bike renting service. Transaction data, resulting from that personal data, can be transferred to PayLane Sp. z o.o. located in Gdańsk at Arkońska 6/A3, zip code: 80-387, KRS: 0000227278, on the condition that it will be used for making of payments connected to services provided by Homeport. A client has the right to see the content of his data and any corrections made to it. Sharing of information is voluntary, but, at the same time, is crucial to using this site.
Homeport protects personal data from any form of unauthorized sharing, copying and taking by unauthorized personnel, processing data not in accordance with these terms and conditions, and altering, losing, deleting or destroying of data.
- Failure by either sides to enforce rights under this Agreement shall not prevent you or us (as the case may be) from taking further action.
- Monitoring or recording of your calls or e-mails may take place for our business purposes such as quality control and training, to prevent unauthorised use of our system and to ensure effective systems operation and in order to prevent or detect crime.
I ALSO CONFIRM THAT I WILL ONLY USE THE EBIKES IN THE COURSE OF MY EMPLOYMENT, TO PRIMARILY TRAVEL TO AND FROM WORK RELATED MEETINGS. SHOULD I NEED TO USE AN EBIKE OUTSIDE OF THIS (FOR EXAMPLE TO TRAVEL TO OR FROM YOUR HOME ADDRESS AFTER A WORK-RELATED MEETING) I WILL PROMPTLY RETURN THE EBIKE TO ROPEMAKER PLACE THE FOLLOWING WORKING DAY.